In 1903 Mr. Samuel Mather donated 52 acres of land for Hiram House Camp property. The Camp was removed from the County Fair Grounds at Chagrin Falls, to the new property in Orange Township, Ohio which has been a part of the Village of Moreland Hills since its incorporation in 1929.
Additional Resources Below
Service Not Charity, The History Behind Hiram House Camp by The Moreland Hills Historical Society, published May 2018 in Village newsletter In and About Moreland Hills.
Hiram House Camp History by Hiram House Camp
1912 Hiram House Settlement House Report by George Bellemey (1872-1960)
Social Reform and Philanthropic Order by Teaching Cleveland